Morning everyone! Unless wherever you are it isn’t morning. In which case, evening everyone! When it comes to using Objectives in games of 40k, I usually just use a dice or some equivalent. I like the idea of custom objective markers, but I’d never really given any thought as to how to make ’em. I’d recently ordered some larger 40mm bases for some old-style terminators I’d eBayed, and I got to thinking they’d make nice sized custom objectives, if only I had some things to actually go on the base… I thought I didn’t really have anything that would work, but then I remembered all the random bits and bobs left over from my other models. When I’d bought a tactical marine box set, and been given a devastator marine set for Christmas, I had a collection of random grenades and pouches and stuff, as well as other vehicle accoutrements and miscellany just lying around. Perfect!
And here’s how I made them:
You will need:
The first step is to gather all the bits you think you’ll need. This depends on the kind of objective marker you want to make. I collected a random bunch of smaller bits and gained inspiration from them, instead of coming up with an idea first and then finding bits to suit it. Next, start glueing them on to the base. (Handy gripping tool to keep it steady while it dries optional) Once that’s dried, take ol’ reliable here: (and yes, I do use a Winnie the Pooh mug in my painting.) (Just look at that face) Next, spray ’em up: (I didn’t spray this one, as you can probably tell. I painted the paper by hand with Imperial Primer) Once they’ve dried, paint them! And done! Custom objective markers, and the only thing I really paid for was the bases, which I had bought for another purpose.